Sensor: Differential Pressure, 3-5/32"
The KMC SSS-1000 sensors are designed to sense differential pressure in the inlet section of VAV (Variable Air Volume) terminal units and fan terminal units. They can also be used to sense differential pressure at other locations in the main or branch duct systems. The differential pressure read between the high “H” port and the low “L” port can be used to determine the air flow. Static pressure can also be measured using just one of the ports rotated 90°.
Models offer up to four sensing points and sensing lengths of 3-5/32 to 9-29/32 inches to accommodate box size diameters of 4 to 16 inches.
These sensors are typically used in conjunction with the CSC-1000/2000/3000 series, CSP-4000/5000 series, KMD-7000 series, and BAC-7000 series of VAV controllers for individual zone control in HVAC systems.
For using SSS-100x sensors with CSC-3000 series, CSP-4000/5000 series, KMD-7000 series, and BAC-7000 series controllers, use a 3/8" to 1/4" barb union adapter and appropriate polyethylene tubing to the sensor and controller. For maximum accuracy in the CSP-5000 series, KMD-7000 series, and BAC-7000 series controllers, the 3/8" OD tubing between the sensor and the adapter should be as short as possible, and the 1/4" OD tubing from the adapter to the controller should be 24" long (on both the High and the Low sides). OR use the equivalent SSS-101x sensor.
- DATA SHEET, SSS-1000 Differential Pressure Flow Sensors
- APPLICATION GUIDE, CSC-3000 Series Reset Volume Controllers
- CSP-5001/5002 Applications Guide
- APPLICATION GUIDE, CTE-5202
- Replacing CSC-1001 Controllers with CSC-2000/3000 Series Controllers Application Guide (AN0811A)
- CSC-2000 Series Applications Guide
- Pneumatic Kits Brochure (SB-055 REV. A)
- WHITE PAPER, VAV Zoning Made Easy
- SSS-1000 Series Installation Guide
- WHITE PAPER, Sensor and Thermostat Selection Fundamentals
- SELECTION GUIDE, Sensor and Thermostat
Many data sheets are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download this reader here.