Controller: VAV, PI, BACnet AAC, 40 in-lbs, 90 sec., MSTP
BAC-9000 series controller-actuators are designed to operate VAV (Variable Air Volume) terminal units. The integrated alarming, scheduling, and trending enable these BACnet Advanced Application Controllers to be powerful edge devices for the modern smart building ecosystem.
With integrated actuators, internal air pressure sensors, and other powerful features, they are ideal for new installations and upgrades of less-efficient equipment. They easily mount to terminal boxes by securing a “V” clamp on the shaft and securing a single-screw anti-rotation bracket.
The factory-supplied programming covers common VAV applications. The controllers feature simple, menu-driven setup choices using an STE-9000 series digital sensor, which can be installed permanently as the room sensor or used temporarily as a technician’s service tool.
Alternately, quick configuration of controller properties can be done using NFC (Near Field Communication) from a smart phone or tablet (using KMC Connect Lite app) while the controller is unpowered.
To meet the most demanding building automation custom requirements, these controllers are also fully programmable. Custom configuration and programming, with wizards for application programming selection/configuration, are enabled by KMC Connect software and the KMC Converge app for NiagaraAX Workbench.
KMC Converge and TotalControl software additionally provide the capability of creating custom graphical web pages (hosted on a remote web server) to use as a custom user-interface for the controllers.
Application options include: pressure independent or dependent VAV; cooling only and with changeover; staged, modulated, floating, or time-proportional reheat; series or parallel fan control; dual duct (with TSP-8003 actuators); and CAV (Constant Air Volume). For installations with a BACnet building automation system, these easily integrated controllers signal demands for higher static duct pressure, cooler or warmer supply air, and other diagnostics for AHU optimization.
- DATA SHEET, Conquest BAC-9000 Series BACnet VAV Controller-Actuators
- APPLICATION GUIDE, 4-20 mA Wiring for Controllers
- APPLICATION NOTE, Planning BACnet Networks (AN0404A)
- SELECTION GUIDE for KMC Conquest Controllers, Sensors, and Accessories
- BROCHURE, Building Geniuses - KMC Company and System Overview (SB-060)
- INSTALLATION GUIDE, Conquest BAC-9000 Series VAV Controller
- KMC Master Cross-Reference
- APPLICATION GUIDE, Avoiding and Troubleshooting Ground Loops
- APPLICATION GUIDE, Single Setpoint for STE-9xxx NetSensor
- APPLICATION GUIDE, FILES for Single Setpoint for STE-9xxx NetSensor
- APPLICATION GUIDE, KMC Conquest Controllers
- TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE, Diagnosing a BACnet MSTP Network with a Multimeter
- APPLICATION GUIDE, KMC Input Wizards (for KMC Connect, TotalControl, or KMC Workbench for Niagara)
Many data sheets are in PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download this reader here.