CAN-5902 | I/O Expansion Module, 16 Universal Inputs (No Outputs)
OVERVIEW | Expansion: IO Module, 16 UI
KMC Conquest™ CAN-5900 series input/output expansion modules are designed for use with BAC-5900 series controllers. Multiple modules can be connected to a controller via the EIO communications port.
Each CAN-5901 has 8 inputs and 8 outputs. Each CAN-5902 has 16 inputs (only).
A BAC-5900 series controller with four connected CAN-5900 series modules can access up to 74 physical (Room Sensor port and terminal block) inputs and up to 40 outputs:
- Using four CAN-5901 modules, the controller can access 42 inputs and 40 outputs.
- Using two CAN-5902 modules, the controller can access 72 inputs and 8 outputs.
There are many “mix and match” module configuration options to go with the controller. Some examples include:
- One CAN-5901 and one CAN-5902 providing 34 inputs and 16 outputs.
- One CAN-5901 and two CAN-5902s providing 50 inputs and 16 outputs.
- Two CAN-5901s and two CAN-5902s providing 58 inputs and 24 outputs.
- See the data sheet for more examples.
NOTE: A CAN-5902 requires a BAC-5900 series controller with firmware R18.104.22.168 or later.
NOTE: The CAN-5901 is UL 864 Smoke Control Equipment listed (UUKL) but not the CAN-5902.
- Application Guides
- Data Sheets
- Installation Guides
SELECTION GUIDE for KMC Conquest Controllers, Sensors, and Accessories (Updated: 2021-06-04) [Rev. N]